The following policies will apply to employers who wish to register for a Fair co-sponsored by Conestoga College, University of Guelph, University of Waterloo and Wilfrid Laurier University.
All Employers Registration Policy (Revised March 2023)
Agency (Third-Party and Temp) Registration Policy (Revised June 2012)
Magazine & On-line Job Posting Services Registration Policy (Revised November 2011)
Professional Associations Registration Policy
Cancellation Fee Policy (Updated February 2024)
Severe Weather Policy (Revised October 2019)
All Employers Registration Policy
* Revised March 2023
- Attendance at the Fairs is restricted to organizations representing the recruiting needs of the participating organization.
- Promotion of services and/or products for any other purpose is not permitted.
- Partnerships for Employment reserves the right to decline participation in recruitment events. Rationale may include: start-up costs, franchise (self-employment) opportunities, illegal compensation structures, human rights or safety concerns, student complaints and overdue accounts.
- Registrations will not be accepted verbally but must be submitted through the Partnerships for Employment website.
- For virtual events, organizations with the same corporate identity will be restricted to one virtual booth.
- For in-person events, exhibitors will be restricted to a maximum of two booth spaces per Fair. A full registration fee for the second booth space is required.
- Employers are required to pay one of the registration fees prior to attendance at the Fair.
- An organization submitting a 'late' payment will be required to submit payment with registration for the next Fair attended. An organization with an outstanding invoice will not be allowed to register for a future Fair until full payment is received for both the past and current events.
*Revised June 2012
Third-party recruiters may attend the Fair under their own corporate identity only if they are recruiting for their own organization. No other client opportunities may be advertised at the Fair. However, a third-party organization may also attend the Fair representing one client (multiple not permitted). In this instance, the registration, booth and guidebook submission must represent the client name, not the recruiting agency's name.
No agency acting as an employer with temporary employment opportunities will be eligible to participate in our fall Fair. At our winter Fair, participation will be limited to five temp agencies, on a first-come, first-served basis.
Fair registration will only be confirmed upon receipt of payment.
*Revised November 2011
No magazines or job posting services are eligible to participate for promotional purposes. Attendance at Fairs as an exhibitor is restricted to organizations representing the recruiting needs of the specific participating organization.
Professional Associations representing career areas/designations may attend our fall fair. To attend our winter Fair, these associations must have positions available within their organization.
* Updated February 2024
We are unable to "roll over" registrations to future events.
- Registrations cancelled in writing before September 3, 2024, will be refunded less a $100 administrative fee.
- Registrations cancelled in writing after September 3, 2024, but before September 13, 2024, will be refunded 50% of the registration fee.
- Cancellations received after September 13, 2024, will receive no refund.
- Employers who fail to attend the event will receive no refund.
*Revised October 2019
The Career and Job Fair Steering Committee reserves the right to cancel a Fair based on severe weather conditions which result in the closure of two or more of the partner institutions' main campuses (Conestoga College, University of Guelph, University of Waterloo and/or Wilfrid Laurier University).
In the case of an event cancellation by the Steering Committee, participating organizations who have submitted a payment at the time of the cancellation will have their registration fee refunded.
Neither a refund nor a compensatory registration at an upcoming Fair will be issued if the Fair is in operation and an exhibitor is unable to attend due to severe weather in his/her geographical region.